Calidad de vida durante la perimenopausia y posmenopausia de mujeres de 45 y más años de una universidad privada de Medellín (Colombia)

Lina María Martínez-Sánchez, María Nazareth Campo-Campo, Daniel Gallego-González, Juliana Molina-Valencia, Verónica Sarassa-González, Ana María Parada-Pérez, Laura Serna-Vélez, Andrea Facio-Lince-García, María De Los Ángeles Rodríguez-Gázquez, María Patricia Hormaza-Ángel

Resultado de la investigación: Contribución a una revistaArtículorevisión exhaustiva

2 Citas (Scopus)

Resumen

Objective: To evaluate the quality of life during perimenopause and postmenopause in women 45 years old and older from a private university in Medellin (Colombia). Methods: cross-sectional study in which the Cervantes Scale was applied to assess the quality of life in postmenopause and perimenopause, this instrument includes four domains: menopause and health (subdomains: vasomotor symptoms, health and aging), psychological, sexuality and relationship. The overall score ranges from 0 to 155, being the higher the score, the worse quality of life. Results: 221 women were studied. The average age was 51 years, 43.4% were postmenopausal and the remaining 56.6% were perimenopausal. 10.6% of the women used hormone therapy and 8.8% had used alternative therapies. The mean total scale score was 38.6. Postmenopausal women showed further deterioration in their quality of life than perimenopausal, evident in the total score and psychological domains, subdomain sexuality and vasomotor symptoms. At an older age, the scores of the sexuality and relationship domains were worse. Low schooling and belonging to socioeconomic strata 1 to 3 were also associated with worsening quality of life. Conclusion: most of participants had an impairment in their quality of life, having a higher degree of involvement during postmenopause.

Título traducido de la contribuciónQuality of life during perimenopause and postmenopause in women 45 years old and older from a private university in Medellin (Colombia)
Idioma originalEspañol
Páginas (desde-hasta)110-116
Número de páginas7
PublicaciónRevista de Obstetricia y Ginecologia de Venezuela
Volumen77
N.º2
EstadoPublicada - jun. 2017
Publicado de forma externa

Palabras clave

  • Hormone replacement therapy
  • Menopause
  • Quality of life
  • Sexuality

Huella

Profundice en los temas de investigación de 'Calidad de vida durante la perimenopausia y posmenopausia de mujeres de 45 y más años de una universidad privada de Medellín (Colombia)'. En conjunto forman una huella única.

Citar esto